Phoenix Leauge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i bnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

+2
Cosy
Emmy2
6 posters

Go down

i bnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Empty i bnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Post by Emmy2 Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:27 am

A few general suggestions:

1. Get rid of the list of pre-approved pokemon, and just allow anything normally allowed in OU.  This will eliminate confusion for challengers, and allow us to make a better impression to them.  I've had several complaints from challengers over this list, including one who wanted me to give him a good reason for Camerupt to be on a ban list, and a few of "why do you get to use legendaries/something else on the list and i don't?"  Team registration should be enough to prevent the horrid counterteaming that used to exist before it.  And there's no good reason to ban/limit legendaries outside of possibly a gym rule.  Several legendaries aren't very good, and several ridiculously good pokemon aren't legendary.  Also, some monotypes are hurt more by a legendary ban than others (compare psychic with poison, for example).

2.  Speaking of gym rules, we should limit the number of asinine rules a gym is allowed to enforce, and make the rules apply to BOTH the  challenger and the leader.  For example, a no legendaries rule means that the gym leader can't use them either, and no weather means no weather at all (not the same as no opposing weather).  The purpose of the rules should be to somewhat balance the fact that they're using a regular OU team vs. a monotype, not to make it near-impossible to win.  So, something like a 2 rule limit for gym leaders, 3 for professors, 4 for elite 4?

TL;dr = Several challengers have been saying our rules for challenge are confusing, irritating, and asinine.  It leaves several people with the impression that we are banning things because we're not good enough as players to learn to get around legendaries, weather, taunt, etc.  This is not the kind of impression I would like to leave players, and I hope others in the league feel the same way.
Emmy2
Emmy2

Back to top Go down

i bnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Empty Re: i bnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Post by Cosy Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:00 pm

The TL:dr is perfect. I get messaged about people asking about the rules a lot and many complain and refuse to challenge because they don't think they should have to change their teams so much. Rules are fine, but they differ too much where one two Gyms require two completely different teams.

1. I think this is a good point. I like the idea of the Pokedex and understand it is to fit with the region theme of the league but in my eyes it doesn't work. I think a ban list would be better, ban select Pokemon from being used... but obviously not as many as can't be used now.

And yes, Gym rules again each Leader changes theirs each time. Leaders for a type, when winning leader changing the rules nearly completely as well. Not just one change but completely changing them which is definitely confusing for people.

I personally think that set rules for each gym would work nice, they do not change but work well. Oh and people banning everything that gives an opponent a chance against them is really sucky and relates to Emerald's TL;dr bit.

Good post.

Cosy
Admin

https://phoenixleague.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Aura Cat Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:02 am

To Be Honest its getting annoying for me to see if an entire team is based around the list of pokemon and im pretty much in charge of the challengers think imo so yeah #Ban List Instead
The Aura Cat
The Aura Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxas Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:43 am

Yeah, I agree a lot with this. The only thing I think should be kept is a ban list, just not nearly as large. I also see that a high majority of the people use rules that make it easy for them to win and hard for others to win. Which like you all seem to notice is why people don't want to challenge the league. But instead of talking about all this stuff, we should move to action and make these changes so we can move forward as a league. We have all mentioned these things before, but nothing has ever been done about it. We should change the later instead of constantly talking about it with no action.
Roxas
Roxas

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn, the Better Twin Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:03 am

that's very true, about the challengers thinking we are weaker due to the rules, that's why it's best to keep the rules simple. Also, why do professors need rules? and 4 rules is a bit too much don't you think? Although, I go agree with making both the leader and the challenger use the leader's rules.

Finn, the Better Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmy2 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:10 am

I think 4 rules is too much for anyone, but I'm just going with an example. (later matches are supposed to be harder, so more rules might be more acceptable)

My point is, some people's rules just make it sound like they can't beat a certain playstyle. For example, if someone says no taunt, no prankster, no hazards, no toxic, no healing moves other than the one I use; it makes it sound like you can't beat stall, which tells me maybe you need to practice on the ou ladder a bit more...
Emmy2
Emmy2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronman5 Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:11 am

true emmy btw i'lll ask cosy about my suggestion
Ronman5
Ronman5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content